9月11日 木曜日 Blog Entry #4
This week we learned a couple new things in Japanese class like ~たことがある and how to use や in between nouns to mean "things like" Examples is うどんやらあめんが好きです。(I like things like udon and ramen (and other things.) ~たことがある has the meaning of "Have done something" This is really easy to construct as it is just the past affirmative short form of the verb you want to use. An example sentence is. 日本に行ったことがありません。So we did interviews of our classmates asking them a question like that and recording the results. I was sad to learn that only a few people had been to Colorado before. Then we used the results to those interviews, among other things, to make a newpaper on thursday. That was pretty fun and incorporated all of what we've learned so far into one concise assignment.I'm glad I was able to make a decent comic in the paper, even though my artistic ability is awful. I was able to do it and I'm pleased with the result.
Also, the difference between ~たい and ~たがっています is simply that ~たい is for first person or asking a question to someone directly about what the want to do and ~たがっています is for 3rd person - saying what someone else wants to do. ex. 日本に行きたい (I want to go to Japan.)
and for someone else wanting to go you use the other form. ボブさんは日本にいきたがっています。 Bob wants to go to Japan. So it's pretty easy, but sometimes hard to forget, and たがっています is such a pain to say as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment